In this episode, we interview psychologist and host of the Potential Psychology podcast, Ellen Jackson.
About Ellen Jackson
Ellen Jackson is a psychologist, host of the Potential Psychology Podcast, internationally published writer, speaker, coach and consultant to organisations Australia-wide.
Ellen has a personal passion for self-care and individual wellbeing to beat stress and help you to live your best life. Her work includes one-on-one coaching, and everything she teaches is supported by scientific research so we know it works.
Ellen’s 6 Word Purpose Statement is: Help others live, learn and flourish.
What we talk about
During the interview, we chat with Ellen about:
- how the arrival of children intensifies the life admin load
- managing your mindset to let go of control and allow others to contribute and solve problems
- letting go of unnecessary standards or preferences when sharing the load
- training your children to be grown-ups
- how feeling calm and having peace of mind is important to her
- the big five personality traits and the impact this has on how you might approach life admin
- how being aware of your personality traits can help you understand how best to approach life admin
- playing to your strengths
- understanding that your standards and rules are usually self-imposed and you can let them go
- valuing your time to help make decisions around outsourcing
- motivation and how rewards and punishment don’t work in the long run (for our kids or for ourselves)
- the three key elements to motivation (autonomy, relatedness, competence)
Please head to the Life Admin Life Hacks Facebook page to connect with listeners and share your thoughts, questions or suggestions.