In this episode we interview productivity and innovation expert, Dr Amantha Imber, about how she manages her life admin. She gives us her top hacks on scheduling, to-do lists and outsourcing
This episode is the first in a series of interviews where we will be interviewing others to see how they tackle their life admin.
About Dr Amantha Imber
Dr Amantha Imber is an organisational psychologist and founder of behavioural science consultancy Inventium. where she helps companies such as Google, Apple, Disney, LEGO, Atlassian, Commonwealth Bank and many others innovate more successfully and reinvent the way they approach their work.
In 2019, Amantha was named as one of the Australian Financial Review’s 100 Women of Influence. Amantha is also the host of the number one ranking business podcast How I Work, where she interviews some of the world’s leading innovators about their habits, rituals and strategies for structuring their day. She also cohosts a new podcast, How To Date.
Amantha’s thoughts have appeared in Harvard Business Review, Forbes, Entrepreneur and Fast Company and she is the author of two best-selling books: “The Creativity Formula” and “The Innovation Formula”.
What we talk about
During the interview we chat with Amantha about:
- how she plans her time to reflect her values
- outsourcing cutting her weekly vegetables using Airtasker so she can spend her time doing things that are more fulfilling
- the importance of planning her social life to make sure she is getting the nourishing time that close friends provide
- using time boxing (scheduling) for exercise and any other priority things important in her life
- how she delegates things to others who are better qualified for areas such as financial matters
- her love of to-do lists and how she uses Siri and Apple Reminders
- how to get more out of your software by taking the time to earning shortcuts and other features
- teaching her daughter how to batch prepare her own school snacks
- how she will teach her daughter the importance of using her time to live her life in line with what is important to her
- how she enjoys online shopping from independent grocers
- outsourcing tasks she doesn’t enjoy like cleaning.
Online grocery shopping in Melbourne – Your Grocer
Episode 22 – Outsourcing personal and household tasks
How to Date – Podcast
Please head to the Life Admin Life Hacks Facebook page to connect with listeners and share your thoughts, questions or suggestions.