This episode will help make planning your Christmas an ode to joy!
There are a lot of life admin life hacks that can maximise your peace of mind, save money and save time around the festive season. In this episode Mia and Dinah talk about:
- establishing and remembering Christmas traditions using Reference lists and To Do Lists
- nurturing traditions such as reading Christmas books, buying and decorating a tree, advent calendars, Christmas music playlists, carols by candlelight, gingerbread house making, and sending Santa letters.
- drawing on your established life admin tools and techniques such as Scheduling, Decluttering and Shared Calendars
- using Gift Giving hacks to make planning, shopping and wrapping enjoyable rather than hectic
- planning your festive meal and getting others to help, to make hosting less stressful
- planning earlier in the year to make the joy last longer.
LIFE ADMIN HIGHS OF THE WEEK
- Dinah talks about how she effortlessly switched her private hospital cover using the admin hacks she’d previously followed to determine what product features were important to her family.
LIFE ADMIN LOW OF THE WEEK
- Mia talks about the hassle of returning items you’ve purchased and the need for a process to help remember.
Book: Fair Play by Eve Rodsky – minimum acceptable standards for shared and delegated household tasks
Life Admin Life Hacks episode on To Do Lists
Life Admin Life Hacks episode on Scheduling
Life Admin Life Hacks episode on Gift Giving
Life Admin Life Hacks episode on Decluttering
BBC Good Food Christmas Dinner Planner
Martha Stewart The Ultimate Holiday Dinner – Our Guide
Please head to the Life Admin Life Hacks Facebook page to connect with listeners and share your thoughts, questions or suggestions.