019: Filing your tax return
This episode will help you set up your systems to make tax time as minimal as possible.
People whose lives are otherwise in good shape can suffer a mental block when it comes to tax. This episode will give you tips to get motivated and preparing your tax return more efficient.
Mia and Dinah discuss:
- motivations for doing your tax by the deadline
- the benefits of using an accountant or tax agent
- why you might want to see your accountant before tax time
- thinking about your tax refund as a payment for the work you need to do
- options for setting up an online filing system to keep tax records
- using scheduling to set aside a time to do your tax return
- rewarding yourself when you get your tax return done.
LIFE ADMIN HIGHS OF THE WEEK
- Mia discusses how she organised her son’s birthday in one Power Hour : finalised the guest list, booked the venue, bought gifts and invited family for a separate get together
- Dinah talks about how she cleared out the 16,000 unread emails in her personal email account
LIFE ADMIN LOW OF THE WEEK
- Mia talks about a visit to Centrelink to sort out her Child Care Subsidy
- Dinah talks about the difficulty in banking a cheque
myDeductions – ATO app to save your receipts
Please head to the Life Admin Life Hacks Facebook page to connect with listeners and share your thoughts, questions or suggestions.