This episode will help you set up your systems to make tax time as minimal as possible.
People whose lives are otherwise in good shape can suffer a mental block when it comes to tax. This episode will give you tips to get motivated and preparing your tax return more efficient.
Mia and Dinah discuss:
- motivations for doing your tax by the deadline
- the benefits of using an accountant or tax agent
- why you might want to see your accountant before tax time
- thinking about your tax refund as a payment for the work you need to do
- options for setting up an online filing system to keep tax records
- using scheduling to set aside a time to do your tax return
- rewarding yourself when you get your tax return done.
LIFE ADMIN HIGHS OF THE WEEK
- Mia discusses how she organised her son’s birthday in one Power Hour : finalised the guest list, booked the venue, bought gifts and invited family for a separate get together
- Dinah talks about how she cleared out the 16,000 unread emails in her personal email account
LIFE ADMIN LOW OF THE WEEK
- Mia talks about a visit to Centrelink to sort out her Child Care Subsidy
- Dinah talks about the difficulty in banking a cheque
myDeductions – ATO app to save your receipts
Please head to the Life Admin Life Hacks Facebook page to connect with listeners and share your thoughts, questions or suggestions.